Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
- The Legislative Analyst is responsible for legislative/regulatory analysis, supporting member advocacy before the Administration and the U.S. Congress and participating in political and legislative strategy development and implementation.
- Supports advocacy efforts before the U.S. Congress, primarily with the California delegation, appropriate committees, and Leadership. Schedules and plays an active role in meetings, conference calls, briefings and fundraising events.
- Conducts legislative analysis, including bill tracking, writing position statements and correspondence, and creating advocacy strategies.
- Supports advocacy efforts before the Administration with agency officials.
- Conducts regulatory tracking, drafting and submitting comments, and correspondence.
- Communicates effectively across the Farm Bureau organization, including the American Farm Bureau Federation, California Farm Bureau Federation, and California county Farm Bureaus as well as working with other organizations, academia, the general public, the media, and the government, to achieve California Farm Bureau objectives.
- Coordinates and may manage one or more Farm Bureau advisory committees and contributes to the policy development process.
- Engages in effective writing and editing along many different mediums, from extensive agency comments to email and social media, with emphasis on accuracy, insightfulness, and timeliness.
- Assists in development of written materials to educate and mobilize Farm Bureau membership on policy issues and advocacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Agricultural Communications, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working with congressional or federal agency on legislative and regulatory issues and/or lobbying. Ability to work effectively on both sides of the aisle.
- A connection to agriculture on-farm or through a policy background is highly desired.
- Possesses a firm grasp of and actively supports the mission of the California Farm Bureau Federation.
- Strong communication skills, including experience public speaking.
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Office365 (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with contributing to social media, blogging, survey development and newsletters preferred.
- Occasional travel within California and Washington, DC is required.