Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Accounting Specialist, Part-time Position
Responsible for accounting activities for California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliated companies.
- Accounts Receivable for Farm Employers Labor Service (FELS) affiliate:
- Maintain FELS customer records: FELS subscribers, Labor Management Consultant clients (new and revised contracts), and customers that purchase products
- Process invoices and payments
- Prepare cash receipt deposits and maintain all accounting records relating to accounts receivable
- Track bonus activity for FELS Labor Management Consultants according to service contracts and established bonus plans
- Maintain records of FELS inventory items within accounting system
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing, working in a cloud-based payroll system
- Daily assistance with CFBF membership dues receipts
- Daily check deposits via remote scanner
- Prepare/maintain assigned schedules
- Prepare assigned journal entries
- Serve as back-up for Accounts Receivable Specialist and Accounts Payable Clerk, as needed
- File Management for department records including journal entries, vendor payments, and payroll
- Prepare state and local government filings and reports such as sales tax returns, property tax statements, business tax and licenses, and other miscellaneous reports
- Other tasks as necessary
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Associate Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience performing accounting
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working within Great Plains accounting software or equivalent program preferred
- Sound judgement and clear oral and written communication skills required
- Position is part-time and requires availability to work 4 hours a day, Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-3pm
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience performing job-related accounting functions
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Great Plains or similar accounting software
- Sound judgement, clear oral and written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required
Information Technology Manager
The Information Technology Manager plans, directs, and organizes the day-to-day operations and oversight of projects for the Information Technology Department. Responsibilities include management of activities and supervision of staff engaged in database administration, technical support and services, website development, telecommunications systems, network management.
- Proposes and ensures implementation of strategic plan for the organization’s technology infrastructure consistent with evolving organizational needs; develops and implements operational and project specific budgets oversees and evaluates acquisition, replacement, modifications, and retirement of computer systems, network infrastructure and telecommunications systems including maintenance and support of software and hardware; facilities, staffing requirements, system analysis and design; programming and overall budgetary implications of the technical support of Information Technology systems
- Administers and directs department projects; develops qualitative and quantitative measures of productivity, quality control, workload performance standards, system reliability and availability including operational planning and training for staff to ensure the department’s ability to meet critical operational and project deadlines and commitments
- Monitors on-going staff performance; collaborates with staff to determine training opportunities and set performance goals; communicates expectations and provides feedback on a regular basis
- Develops and communicates Information Technology operational policies, procedures, user guidelines, and resources for end-user reference, including developing and delivering on-going training to ensure organization makes maximum use of technology
- Provides periodic reports on the organization’s computing systems including priorities, budgetary status, system availability and progress and completion status of projects and work requests and serves as a resource for management analysis and use of data and information
- Establishes and administers contracts for services and outside consultants in support of department functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Must have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Principles of personnel management, communications, project planning and management
- Operation and management of a virtual servers, storage area networks and data center network infrastructures
- Operation and management VOIP telecommunications systems
- Design, construction, and quality control assessment of cable infrastructure and telecom closets
- Design, implementation and operation of wired and wireless local area networks
- Principles and techniques of analyzing and documenting business work processes
- Information technology best practices in a business environment
- Principles and methods of disaster recovery as related to computing and telecommunications systems.
- The ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others in the information technology field and to work effectively with end-users
- The capability and willingness to work in a hands-on capacity, as necessary
- Verbal and written communication with an emphasis in translating technical content for a non-technical audience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or related discipline from an accredited institution; or, other Bachelor's Degree with extensive computer science or information systems management experience
- Have a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience in the following:
- Working in program and/or operational management, network and infrastructure in a company of 75+ staff
- Working with Microsoft platform (SharePoint, SQL, Windows Server, etc.)
- Administration and management of technology contracts, contractors, vendors and consultants
- Managing a corporate technology support helpdesk
- Demonstrated proficiency with verbal and written communication with an emphasis in communicating technical content to non-technical audiences
Desktop Support Analyst
The Desktop Support Analyst provides three-tier support for CFBF over a multitude of platforms possessing a background in handling different software and hardware needs of computers and users. The Desktop Support Analyst applies logic, great customer service skills, and vast technical knowledge to remediate technical issues, both hardware and software with minimal supervision.
- Diagnose and resolve nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Maintain inventory of installed software/hardware, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Manage hardware/software vendors to verify timely product order/delivery to ensure new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Provide support to off-site and remote users
- Continually update and enhance basic skills in hardware, software and systems through your own efforts and company training.
- Be proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. Take ownership and initiative for problem resolution, spot potential problem areas, analyze solutions, propose resolution and ensure implementation.
- Take the term “customer service” to heart, providing dependable and flexible service and solutions.
- Embrace working in a team setting. Know your teammates, give them credit for their successes and offer help and assistance.
- Volunteer or consult for diverse roles to build your skills in other areas.
- Be adept at reading, writing, interpreting, and applying technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or at least 2 years equivalent work experience.