Health care information for employers
Who is impacted by Health Care Reform?
- The Affordable Care Act requires certain employers who employ an average of 50 or more full-time and "full-time equivalent" (includes some part-time) employees per month in the prior year to provide health care insurance coverage for their full-time employees, or pay a penalty, in 2014.
- It does not apply to:
- Those that do not employ any full-time (30-hours per week) year-round workers.
- Those that do not have 50 or more employees in any month during the year.
- Those that have more than 50 employees a month, but only for 4 months (120 days) or less out of the year and employees number 50 and above perform seasonal work.
- American Farm Bureau Federation: Overview of the Affordable Care Act and its Impact on Agricultural Employers (PDF)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Farm Employers Labor Service: PPACA Q&A
- California Health Benefit Exchange
- National Council of Agricultural Employers: Health care links
Ag Alert Coverage
- Farm employers begin preparing for health care law (January 16, 2013)
- Commentary: Farm employers confront 'play-or-pay' health care rule (December 12, 2012)