Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Development Director, California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Executive Director, this individual will lead efforts to solicit funds from individuals, corporate sponsors, private foundations, and government programs to support the operations of California Foundation of Agriculture in the Classroom. Fund development includes mission aligned partnerships as well as program specific sponsorships.
- Manage an existing portfolio of annual sponsors for National Ag Week, Sacramento Farm Day, CA AITC Annual Conference, and What’s Growin’ On? sponsorship.
- Develop sponsor relations and agreements to support the California Agriculture in the Classroom annual conference.
- Develop prospective sponsors, donors, new partnerships based on current giving levels that appeal to a wide array of budgets.
- Work with the Executive Director to create a comprehensive list of approved sponsorable opportunities for the organization and for the annual conference.
- Serve as a conduit of communication between sponsors and AITC to ensure sponsors are adequately recognized.
- Create new programs that will attract new donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, agriculture, fund development, or related field.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations requirements to fundraising compliance
- Background or experience in agriculture and/or education is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making, time management and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven business acumen and financial management skills.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills.
- Travel required, including occasional overnights.