Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation and an exercise facility.
Handles all aspects of accounts payable from receipt of invoices to mailing of checks and filing for California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) and all affiliate companies.
- Vendor invoices:
- Reviews authorized signer for approval and general ledger coding for accuracy.
- Confirms receipt of IRS form W-9 for all new vendors. Creates new vendors in the accounting software.
- Batches vendor invoices and enters data into accounting software. Prints batch edit reports and reviews/corrects for accuracy. Submits batches to Accounting Supervisor for review and posting.
- Prints checks once a week for CFBF, and for each affiliate company as needed, after the Accounting Supervisor has selected invoices to be paid.
- Assembles file copy of each check with supporting documents for final review by Accounting Manager.
- Prepares checks, including any remittance stubs, for mailing.
- Updates CFBF and Affiliate companies W-9 on file as needed, maintain electronic version on Financial Services network drive. Load W-9 attachments to A/P vendor card in Great Plains software.
- Files check copies.
Employee expense vouchers:
- Reviews for approval and verifies supporting documentation. Follows up on missing documentation.
- Determines the appropriate general ledger accounts to charge.
- Batches expense vouchers and enters data into accounting software. Prints batch edit reports and reviews/corrects for accuracy. Submits batches to Accounting Supervisor for review and posting.
- Prints EFT remittances once a week for CFBF, and for two affiliate companies as needed, after the Accounting Supervisor has selected expense vouchers and other EFT invoices to be paid.
- Assembles each EFT remittance with supporting documents and gives them to the Accounting Manager for final review and payment through online banking.
- Files EFT remittances with supporting documents.
- Updates to Meeting Vouchers, present to A/P Supervisor for review/approval.
- Preliminary audit of Meeting Vouchers and Board Vouchers, contact individual (or staff point-of-contact) with requests for missing backup, verify amount for reimbursement.
- Updates and prints edit reports for Recurring AP batches according to schedule
- Enters information for void checks and invoices into the accounting software
- Enters general journal entries as needed for expense reclassifications
- Orders office supplies for department as needed
- Follows up on vendor statements received with past-due balances
- Makes vendor file folders for each new fiscal year for each company
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices to payroll system and benefit enrollment system; present result to HR Manager for review/action
- Non-payroll standard monthly journals entries - various
- Perform HR clerical functions, as assigned
- Monthly journal entries - CA Bountiful, Scholarship, and/or AITC
- Backup for FELS sales and cash receipts
- Reconcile Misc Prepaid GL, maintain spreadsheet for review by A/P Supervisor, prepare journal entry to recognize expense when needed
- Reconcile Prepaid CA Bountiful Airtime GL, prepare JE to recognize expense when needed
- Monthly journal entry for Prepaid Employee Benefits
- Update CA Bountiful page 3 of financials at month end
- Knowledge: Basic understanding of accounting principles including general ledger (balance sheet accounts vs. income statement accounts, debit vs. credit entries), financial statements (balance sheet and income statement), reconciliations (bank statement to general ledger, benefit provider invoice to system of record, general ledger accounts)
- Minimum of 3 years related accounting experience.
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with accounting software systems (Great Plains preferred), Excel, Outlook, Word. 10-key and typing by touch.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working under minimal supervision; exercises some degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintain high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through.
Performs and/or coordinates vendors engaged in facilities maintenance and building security.
- Performs and, as necessary, coordinates through vendors, facilities maintenance services and repairs including plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, HVAC, security system, electrical servicing to the organization's facilities, janitorial services and grounds maintenance.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications, safety regulations and building codes and maintains records and service/repair schedules.
- Oversight of onsite building security vendor and provides backup coverage, as necessary.
- Assists with maintaining company fleet records to ensure all vehicles are maintained properly, leases are current, and all legal insurance and registrations are in place.
- Maintains, enforces and regularly trains all staff on company’s safety and emergency evacuation policy and practices.
- First point of contact for building tenants and members of River Plaza Property Association on facilities related matters.
- Arranges conference room set-up for company and outside meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing related duties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel including the ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Experience generating and managing building maintenance operating budget.
- Ability to travel to additional local worksite, as needed.